※ Things you should know before you use the bus terminals!
1. tickets can only be bought in person, not online
2. they can only be bought on the day of travel not ahead of time
3. buses do not have seat numbers so can oversell
In the past, there weren't many international visitors or citizens living in Daegu and because of that intercity terminals have not provided international language services. However, as the number of foreign visitors or citizens grows, the needs of using intercity bus from international people are also increasing. This post would be helpful for them.
It is not difficult at all to get to the terminal or buy tickets at the terminal, though four different inter-city terminals might cause confusion. Each bus terminals is located in northeastern, northwestern, southeastern, and southeastern part of Daegu, normally heading to those directions as you see in the image below. Today's post is about Seobu Intercity Bus Terminal.
Seobu Intercity Bus Terminal
Seobu Interciy Bus Terminal (Seoboo Jeongryujang) is located in the southern part of the City. It’s relatively easy to find the location compared to other bus terminals.
* How to get to the terminal?
- The easiest way to get to Seobu intercity terminal is using subway line no1. You can take the exit number 3 when you get off at Seongdangmot station and it’s right next to the gate.
- If you want to use a bus, take the busses below.
106, 518, 564, 651, 726, 750, 805 (get off at Seobu Bus Terminal Bus Stop on the map.)
452, 604, 609, 623, 649, 706 (get off at Gawnmoon Market Bus Stop on the map.
※ it takes about 5 minutes from each bus stops to the terminal on foot.
- When you take a taxi, say “Seobu Bus Terminal ro Gajooseyo" to the taxi driver.
* How to buy bus tickets?
Bus tickets are sold at the ticket window. If you are good at understanding Korean, you can use the automatic ticket vending machine that only provides Korean service.
Even though you are not good at Korean, it would not be difficult to buy tickets at the window, as long as you pronounce the destination in Korean clearly. Workers at the ticket center are mostly young and they have dealt with many international customers. They will kindly help you to get the tickets.
* What are the destinations?
The destinations from Seobu intercity bus terminal are below.
Intervals vary depending on destinations. Just make sure to check the first and last bus.
Isn’t it easier to use an intercity bus terminal than you thought? Then, don’t hesitate to make a trip to another city! Try it now!
Other intercity bus terminal information will be updated soon as well. Please wait for the next post. Enjoy Summer in Daegu :)