Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

[Food/Press Article] American Style Breakfast Restaurant_Hami Mami's






American Style Breakfast
- Biscuits and Gravy at Hami Mami's

This Korean interpretation of biscuits and gravy is the only Korean version I've tried and it's unique in its own way, but it hits the spot when I'm in the mood for comfort food.  As far as I know, this is the only place that serves it in Daegu.






The sausage ingredients used in this are the same as their sausage patties.  It appears to be a home recipe and is mostly comprised of ground pork, onions and garlic.  The traditional breakfast sausage flavor is hard to come by and there's no need to patronize McDonald's, the only place that seems to have something close to a breakfast sausage flavor, when you have local Mom and Pop restaurants to try.





The gravy is very thick and this is a very hearty and filling meal.  It comes with a side of eggs and either bacon or sausages.





Brunch is served all day except for when Hami Mami's is closed on Mondays.  Coffee is self served and tastes okay, but for being unlimited, I'll take another cup.  I remember the service being really slow when I went here about 7 months prior, but we were the only customers there, so there wasn't a wait.

The new location is more spacious with big windows to let in ample lighting.  It's just a few steps away from the former location.




  How to get there:






Take Line 1 to Yeungnam University Hospital Station, leave through exit 2 and walk to Gate 4 at Camp Walker.  This should take you no more than 15 minutes.




Another option is to take the #349 or #730 from the downtown bus stop called Yangnyeongsi.  The #349 drops you off at the Palace Hotel while the #730 will drop you off a bit closer at Taeseong Mansion.  From there, the walk to Hami Mami's should be quick.






5 comments:

  1. Hami Mami’s open space really appealed to me. Breakfast is defined by two things: eating heavily and taking things lightly. And having an open space is a crucial catalyst to achieve those things. Also, I like their simple yet bountiful meals. I would love to have me some American breakfast right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should visit here if you like brunch bars :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hami! Victoria here! How are you guys, I am so thrilled that Hami Mami is still in action! I remember the food so great tasting and just hanging out with you and my friends. I really miss being in Daegu and Hami Mami! I am certain that many Americans find their way to your entrance to enjoy the food and companionship! Take care, and please give my best to your Mom and brother as well as our friends in lovely Daegu!.....Victoria

      Delete
    2. Oh! You were here! Hami Hami should be an unforgettable place for you :-)

      Delete