When you walk slowly along the Olle road of Mt. Palgong, you can rediscover the precious things which are often forgotten in the busy days of modern life. After walking the Olle road, and partaking in some of the local cuisine, produced and cooked on site, bathing in the hot summer is another splendid beauty of Mt. Palgong.
Mt. Palgong, Daegu's guardian mountain, rises 1,192m above sea level and its ridge is 20km long. The main peak is Birobong peak, from which Dong-bong and Seo-bong stretch outwards towards the east and west, respectively. Mt. Palgong encompasses notable thousand-year old temples, such as the Donghwasa, Buinsa and Pagyesa temples. There are also trekking courses along the valleys cradling clean and clear water, which attract many people who enjoy trekking.
Olle road Course
- Address : Hanti-ro 1034, Dongmyeong-myeon, Chilgok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Representative tel. No. 82-53-602-5900~2
- Mt. Palgong Provincial Park: http://www.gbpalgong.go.kr/eng/main.htm
- Daegu Green Consumers Network: http://www.dgcn.org/frame/13_01.html
- Daegu Olle facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daeguolle
Photo credit @팔공산자연공원관리사무소(Mt. Palgong Provincial Park)
Map credit @대구녹색소비자연대(Daegu Green Consumers Network)