Though it's cold outside, why don't you go out and search for something fun instead of just staying home in this winter time? There are plenty of things to do in this city! If you can't come up with any other alternatives, just leave outside door with these recommended enjoyable ideas suggested by Colorfuldaegu!
1. Ice Rink in the Shinchoen River; the winter playground of the city
This ice rink is highly favoured as a winter playground every winter time by Daegu citizens. Free admission with full facilities makes the ice rink much preferred to other places.
[The Shincheon River Ice Rink]
-Operation period: Dec 13, 2014~ Feb 1, 2015
-Opening hour: 10:00~21:00(Weekends & holidays: 10:00~22:00)
-Admission fee: Free
-Skate rental: 1,000won hourly/3,000won daily
-Address: 655-1, Daebong-dong, Jung-gu, Daegu(in front of Debec Plaza)
2. E-world; exciting sleighing and beautiful starlight
E-world holds two winter festivals; ‘the village of snow light’ and ‘the starlight festival’ which offer experiential programs such as sleighing and fishing smelt, and luminary shows over 83 Tower respectively. To our surprise, a giant igloo that people can enter inside is built on the site of 'the village of snow-light'.
[E-world; the Village of Snow-light & the Star Light Festival]
-Operation period: Dec 20, 2014~ Mar 1, 2015
-Opening hour: The Village of Snow-light- 10:00~17:30
The Star Light Festival: 18:00~22:00
• The Village of Snow-light: Adult-5,000won, Child-3,000won (Free for annual members and free-pass holders)
• Fishing smelt experience program: 5,000won
• Starlight Festival: Free
-Address: 200, Duryugongwon-ro, Dalseo-gu, Daegu
3. Special Invitation from Chingiz Khan; Mongolian Culture Experience Festival @ Herb Hillz
The Mongolian culture experience festival where visitors can experience the splendor of Mongolian culture and their simple lifestyle is in full swing in Herb Hillz. You can try the traditional Mongolian dishes, watch a spectacular performance of National Mongolian Art Troupe and spend a night at a traditional dwelling of Mongolians called ‘Ger’ if you wish to participate in a special camp program.
[Culture Experience Festival @ Herb Hillz]
-Operation period: Dec 20, 2014~ Jan 31, 2015
-Opening hour: 9:30~18:00 / Sleighing slope: 9:30~17:00
• Performance time: (Weekdays) 12:00 & 15:00 / (Weekends/holidays) 12:00, 14:00 & 16:00
• Traditional Mongolian Restaurant: 09:30~18:00(Need a reservation for ‘Horhog’, the traditional Mongolian steamed lamb, at least 1&1/2 hour earlier)
-Admission fee: Adult-15,000won, Child-12,000won
-Address: 1005, Gachang-ro, Gachang-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu
4. The Frozen World, Biseul Ice Hill (Mt. Biseul Ice Festival)
The valley in Mt. Biseul recreational forest is full of enjoyable things made of ice such as ice wall, sleighing slope, ice slide, ice cave and ice sculptures. Especially, the festival provides unique attractions at night with LED lights on ice sculptures!
[Biseul Ice Hill (Mt. Biseul Ice Festival)]
-Operation period: Dec 23, 2014~ Feb 15, 2015
-Opening hour: 10:00~17:00
-Admission fee: Free
-Address: 230, Hyuyangrim-gil, Yuga-myeon, Dalseong-gu, Daegu