Come and See the Korean Traditional Coming of Age Ceremony
In Korea, people celebrate the coming-age on 3rd Monday of May since 1985. The SeongNyeonRye(성년례, 成年禮) which means he Korean Traditional Coming of Age Ceremony have continued since Goryeo Dynasty. At that time people aged 15 were considered as adults and the ceremony usually took place on January by lunar calendar.
Nowadays people in Korea celebrate the coming of age informally. But there are people who follow tradition. 16th May those people gather and hold the SeongNyeonRye at the 2․28 Memorial Park.
The SeongNyeonRye in Daegu is well known for following the traditional way thoroughly. So this is a good chance to people who want to original SeongNyeonRye, also known as GwanRye(관례, 冠禮).
- Time and Date : 4:30 pm, Sat, 16th, May
- Place : 2․28 Memorial Park, 80, Dongseong-ro 2-gil, Jung-gu, Daegu
- 16:30~17:00 Pre-Ceremony Performance
- 17:00~18:30 SeongNyeonRye
- 18:30~19:30 Side Events and Performances