Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Meet the Team: Daegu Foreign Blog Press 2015-2016



Happy new year, Waygook!

No, I’m not late (or very, very early) and I haven’t lost my calendar. Nope, you’re not wrong, either. It’s definitely May and I’m definitely wishing you a “happy new year.” Why? Because it’s time for a new year of blogging about our beautiful city, Colorful Daegu, by a great team of foreign local writers!

Read below to get to know our new team for the 2015-2016 term.
It’s our hope that you will join with us this year and tell share more with us. If you’re a regular reader (or even if you’re not), what can we do? How can we open up the city more for you?


Please share in the comments below! Tell us:
   *What kinds of things would you like us to explore, discover, or help you find in the city?
   *How can we make the city more accessible?
   *What would you like to see more of on the Touch Daegu blog?
   *What do YOU want, Waygook?


Help us make the blog more about you this year. Want to get in on the conversation? Visit the Colorful Daegu Facebook page and share your ideas! Are you on Twitter? Start sharing your ideas! To help us keep track of your ideas, start using the hashtag #colorfuldaegu on Twitter and Facebook.

 

Chris Bio


How long have you been in Korea? 
I arrived here in Korea in 2012. I first stayed in Gyeongju for 2 years and then moved here in Daegu (actually in Hayang).

What are some of your personal interests?
As a “stranger” in a foreign land, I have a deep interest in the culture and history of Korean society. I love the great outdoors and Korea has so many great places to offer. I’m so impressed how the Koreans restored the beauty of nature after it has been ravaged by war. Biking and fishing are my favorite activities especially after the long winter season.

What is your favorite thing about Daegu?
I like Daegu because it’s a bit laid-back compared to other bustling metropolitan cities in Korea.

What do you hope to learn or accomplish during your year as a foreign blog press representative?
It is my second year as a SNS volunteer for the Daegu metropolitan city government and I hope I could do the duties that were expected of me.

Anything else you’d like to say to your new Readers?
Our city has many wonderful things in store for us. Come and join us to explore colorful Daegu.


Jenny Kao

How long have you been in Korea?
Over one year.

What are some of your personal interests?
Eating food I haven't tried before, traveling, making and editing videos, biking, and cooking.

What is your favorite thing about Daegu?
Food is cheaper here than in other major cities.

What do you hope to learn or accomplish during your year as a foreign blog press representative?
I want to learn more about making and editing videos.

Anything else you’d like to say to your new Readers?
I’m excited to explore Daegu!




Maria Bio

How long have you been in Korea?
I’ve been in Korea for five years.

What are some of your personal interests?
I’m interested in reading, writing and blogging, baking, running, music, and art.

What is your favorite thing about Daegu?
People here are warm, and the city provides great support for foreigners.

What do you hope to learn or accomplish during your year as a foreign blog press representative?
This is my second year in Daegu. I hope to discover more about the city and learn more about the Korean culture, then get these featured [on the city] blog.

Anything else you’d like to say to your new Readers?
I’m loving it here!





Peter Fish

How long have you been in Korea?
My first day in South Korea was 13 July 1994. I have lived in Daegu since 2002.

What are some of your personal interests?
I enjoy almost every Korean dish I have ever had. So, I am a fan of trying new foods and checking out new restaurants. I hope this year to introduce some new restaurants to people and maybe a few of my favorites. I also enjoy the outdoors. I enjoy spending time hiking and being in the forest with my wife and five-year-old daughter. I am also a fan of just wandering around different parts of town and taking some photos of interesting things.
What is your favorite thing about Daegu?
The thing I like most about Daegu is the general feeling of calmness. Many other cities in Korea feelcharged with electrical energy and people seem to be in a hurry to go everywhere.  I feel less stress here in Daegu than in other cities.

What do you hope to learn or accomplish during your year as a foreign blog press representative?
I hope to open the eyes of people living here and those who may visit the city.  I want to share more about this lovely Colorful City.  I also hope to improve my use of different types of media so I can reach more people and in different ways.

Anything else you’d like to say to your new Readers?
I hope that the coming year includes meeting some of you and me being able to make a few new friends who have the same ideas on sharing about our city and its benefits.



Krissi Driver

How long have you been in Korea?
I’ve been in Korea for just over two years. Daegu has been my home for all my time in Korea and I love it!

What are some of your personal interests?
I love reading, eating, writing, traveling and spending time with friends. I also pretend to like running, cooking, and cleaning my apartment.

What is your favorite thing about Daegu?
I love that Daegu is a big city, but it still feels small and so accessible. Seoul and Busan are really cool cities, but something about Daegu feels more like the “right” fit for me.

What do you hope to learn or accomplish during your year as a foreign blog press representative?
This is my second year blogging for Touch Daegu, and there is still so much about the city that I don’t know and haven’t explored. I hope to see more of what our great city has to offer and to really hone my blogging skills to share with other foreigners. I hope we can involve more of the foreigner community this year – so the bloggers can write about what the Readers want to see!

Anything else you’d like to say to your new Readers?
Let’s make this year awesome together! If we work together, bloggers and Readers, we can make Daegu even more accessible to everyone.




We’re pleased to “meet” you and we hope to hear from you. Let’s make it a great year together!

Cheers, Waygook!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment