MERS Infection Prevention and Control
With the number of domestic MERS patients rising quickly in recent days, the Daegu government said that it will set up a task force to enhance monitoring of the MERS virus and vowed to do all it can to contain the viral disease. Up to now, The suspected MERS case hasn’t be founded in Daegu.
If you have had close contact** with someone within 14 days after they traveled from a country in or near the Arabian Peninsula, and the traveler has/had fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath, you should monitor your health for 14 days, starting from the day you were last exposed to the ill person.
**Close contact is defined as a) being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) or within the room or care area for a prolonged period of time.
*MERS hot line : 043-719-7777
Most people confirmed to have MERS infection have had severe acute respiratory illness with symptoms of: fever, cough and shortness of breath.
MERS is a viral respiratory infection caused by the newly identified MERS-coronavirus (MERS-CoV). MERS-CoV is a betacoronavirus derived from bats. Camels have been shown to have antibodies to MERS-CoV, but the exact source of infection in camels has not been identified. A strain of MERS-CoV known as HCoV-EMC/2012 found in the first patient in London in 2012 was found to have a 100% match to Egyptian tomb bats.
To Avoid infecting MERS, Please follow these recommendations.
*MERS Infection Prevention and Control.
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, or sharing cups or eating utensils, with sick people.
5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as toys and doorknobs.
In case of going to middle east , Avoid contacting animals.
6. If you run a fever or difficulties breathing, go to the doctor immediately.
More Information : http://goo.gl/Z57kxy