Some Tips on How To Endure Summer Heat
Daegu and its surrounding areas in North Gyeongsang have experienced heat over 35 degrees Celsius (95 Farenheit) two days in a row. Daegu’s temperature will reach 36 degrees Celsius tomorrow around noon.
So, we'd like to introduce you some usuful tips for cool summer!
1. Take advantage of the cooling power of water. Fill buckets or basins and soak your feet. Wet towels and bandannas can have a cooling effect when worn on the shoulders or head.
2. Take showers or baths with moderately warm water. Taking cool showers only makes your body hot.
3. Head downstairs. Since hot air rises, the upper stories of a home will be warmer than the ground floor. A basement can be a cool refuge from the midday heat.
4. Eliminate extra sources of heat. Incandescent light bulbs can generate unnecessary heat, as can computers or appliances left running.
5. Remember to maintain an adequate level of hydration, which means you'll need to consume more water than you usually do when it's hot.
6. Try to visit public buildings with air conditioning during the hottest hours of the day if the heat becomes unbearable. Libraries, shopping malls, and movie theaters can all be good places to cool down.
7. Don't eat large, protein-rich meals that can increase metabolic heat and warm the body.