Wednesday, March 9, 2016

[Press Article] Seomun Market! The place you can find everything you can imagine! ( Ok, maybe not everything. )

The market is an amazing place to visit even if you just plan on window shopping.  I never go without taking an empty backpack to carry my purchases home with.  My family usually plans on arriving around lunch time.  We love the food choices, all of them.  There are lunch counters scattered throughout the entire market and are usually grouped together by types of food.  Meats, soups, noodles and the famous flat dumplings.  There is surely something you will like.  So, take your time and find what fits your style.



“Where can I go to buy things for my family that are Korean and maybe related to Daegu?”  Well, the easiest answer is here at Seomun Market.  

It is often asked on social media sites “Where can I go to buy things for my family that are Korean and maybe related to Daegu?”  Well, the easiest answer is here at Seomun Market.  You can find everything from traditional clothes to traditional tools, foods, and even keychains and the like.

Here are some tips that may make your shopping more interesting.  Have some idea of what you are looking for.  Generally, the shops have items that are similar to other shops so, ask for pricing and don’t buy the first thing you see.  I would suggest also checking on a size before you move on.  I usually will try to find three places that sell the same item.  For instance, when we bought a small shoulder bag for our daughter and a bag for my wife, we checked colors and styles, then we found two other vendors with the same items.  Then we made the purchase at the same vendor.  Two bags at the same time gave us a little room to ask for a discount.  I will add that asking for a huge discount is frowned on and you should never expect to win in your haggling.  It can be fun and a little exciting, though.  One year we took the money we saved from about fifteen purchases and bought an afternoon meal.

In the above photo you can see a scooter parked.  It is very common for deliveries to be made by scooter.  I have never heard of any accidents, but you do need to be careful.  



Give yourself a lot of time and I really suggest checking the entire market out as you have time.  It is huge and I would think two full days are needed to explore all of the shops and buildings there.


Seomun Market is a fun place to visit and a great place to shop. Give yourself a lot of time and I really suggest checking the entire market out as you have time.  It is huge and I would think two full days are needed to explore all of the shops and buildings there.  So, take your time and enjoy the entire market.  You easily get there using the monorail or use a GPS to drive.  Paid parking is available.



2 comments:

  1. I plan to go to Seomun market this weekend. Thanks for the tips. I will try flat dumplings for lunch.. mouth watering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog Mr. Fish (Infantry Bro). you really do capture everything one might be interested in and your magical writing keeps our attention. God bless you and yours and thank you for taking the time to encourage and inform all of us! HOOAH!

    ReplyDelete