One of The Korean Traditional Food in Seollal(설날)
It means you get an age and clean your body ＆ mind.
Then how to make Tteokguk?
[Prepare to cook(for 2 people)]
1. Things You Need
Tteokguk's Tteok(떡국 떡, Rice cake, 300~360g), Green onion(1/2), egg(1), beef(brisket, for soup,70g), salt ＆ black pepper(a little), toasted laver(김), dumpling(Optional)
2. Seasoning beef : Korean style soy sauce(1/2 tablespoon), crushed garlic(1 teaspoon), sesame oil(1 teaspoon), black pepper(a little)
3. Base of the soup : Kelp(10g or 1 piece of 10cm), Water(5 cups)
[How to prepare the soup]
- Prepare the base of the soup
- Wash the kelp and put it in the water for 30 minutes.
It’s okay if there is something sticky. It will be gone when it boils.
- Boil them on low heat and if it boils, turn it off.
Get out the kelp.
※ It will be nice if you prepare this base at the first and let them cool.
[How to cook]
- Prepare the Tteokguk's Tteok. Rinse the Tteokguk's Tteok and put them in a colander.
- Slice the brisket thickly with sheath.
※ If the brisket has sheath, it becomes soft. After that, put seasoning on the beef.
- Whip the egg.
- Julienne a toasted laver(gim) about 2~3cm.
- Slice green onion.
- Heat the pot and put the seasoned beef and fry it completely.
- After beef is done, put the prepared soup and boil them about 10 minutes. Skim off the foam when the soup boils.
- After 10 minutes, put the Tteokguk's Tteok and boil them about 5 minutes. You can put dumplings if you want.
- If the rice becomes soft and the soup becomes white, put a little salt depends on your taste.
- Put whipped eggs on the soup.
- Finally, put green onion on the soup and toasted laver.
How about cook Tteokguk on this holiday and have it with your family?
It may be a good family time.