What to Eat at
Daegu's New Shinsegae Mall
The new Shinsegae mall is a welcome addition to Daegu’s restaurant scene with the addition of an expansive and delicious selection of Korean and global cuisine. Wait in line for trendy Japanese cheese tarts at Bake, grab a burger at Johnny Rockets, enjoy American Chinese food at P.F. Chang’s, or simply grab a cup of artisan coffee and take in the view from the top floors.
While you can find food stalls and cafés interspersed throughout Shinesegae mall, the main concentration of restaurants can be found on three floors: the basement level (B1F), the eighth floor (Luang Street Food Court), and on the ninth floor (Zooraji Theme Park).
Like most major department stores and malls in Korea, the basement of Shinsegae is one of the best places to find a wide variety of inexpensive cuisines. You can even order your meals from the automated “food bar!” In contrast, Luang Street Food Court is where you’ll find some of the nicer, sit-down restaurants. As the name implies, the entire floor is designed to make it feel as if you are walking along a dimly lit street lined with charming bistros. On the theme park level, the shops are whimsical and child-friendly, with vendors selling fresh-spun cotton candy and fill-your-own jars of candy.
Below are just some of the restaurants you can find at Shinsegae. Happy eating!
◆ Restaurants + Specialty Snacks ◆
Blue is Brands founded in Daegu. Taste the Originality!
● Gangsan myeonok - One of the famous Korean restaurants in Korea. The first Pyeongyang Nangmyeon in Daegu , 8F
● Brother lunch box - Korean lunch boxes, perfect to take on the bus or train, B1F
● Arirang Hotdog - Korean hot dog street food, Zooraji Theme park, 9F
● Villa de spicy - tteokbokki, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● School Food - casual Korean with diverse menu, iKONIC Square, 6F
● Nuclear Steak - take out steak boxes, iKONIC Square, 6F
● Mr. Chondak - sweet and sour Korean-Chinese fusion chicken, B1F
● Chef Lee Food Truck - Korean style soft beef, B1F
● Banwoldang Croquette - homemade croquettes with a variety of fillings, B1F
● Modern Tacos - a take on Japanese takoyaki with different toppings, B1F
● Dim Dim Sum - famous Hong Kong dim sum shop, Zooraji Theme park, 9F
● P.F. Changs - Americanized Chinese food chain, 8F
● Kon Thai - Thai cuisine, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● Crystal Jade - Chinese dishes and Shanghai style dim sum, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● Ttokijung - Korean-fusion style Japanese, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● Agra Express - Indian food, B1F
● Pei Wei - Asian Bistro by P.F. Changs, B1F
● Sushi Ari - conveyor belt sushi, B1F
● Z Roll ＆ Onigiri - take-away sushi boxes and onigiri, B1F
● Tonkatsu Ren - Japanese tonkatsu with rice plates, B1F
● TanTan Noodles Kitchen - Chinese style spicy noodle dish, B1F
▶ American + European
● The Place - modern Italian with a Korean flair, Zooraji Theme park, 9F
● I Am Burger - classic American fare of burgers, Luang Street Food Court, 8F and 1F
● Bulldogs - British-style pub, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● Auntie Anne’s Pretzel - chain soft pretzel snacks, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● Johnny Rockets - American retro diner with hamburgers, B1F
● Vechhia ＆ Nuovo - somewhat similar to a Dean ＆ Deluca with gourmet European specialties, gelato, cheese and a small market.
● Flat - pizza flat breads
▶ Coffee Shops ＆ Cafés
● Ryu coffee Roseuteoseu - artisanal coffee and specialty tea, Luang Street Food Court, 8F
● Lucid - Shaved ice flake desserts, coffee, and French cakes, 7F
● Paulbassett.- speciality coffee, Famille Town. 6F (also found on -1 floor in the Main Wing)
● Oilily Café - European café serving coffee, tea, traditional Dutch cookies and homemade cakes, 4F
● Ossuloc - Famous Korean fine tea purveyors, B1F
▶ Ice Cream and Other Sweets
● Baskin Robbins - popular chain ice cream shop, Zooraji Theme park, 9F
● Margo Cookie - organic, handmade cookies. You can only find the “aquarium cookie” in Shinsegae’s Daegu branch, Zooraji Theme park, 9F
● Baekmidang - regular or soy milk soft ice cream, iKONIC Square, 6F
● Street Churros - hot churros, fried fresh, and dusted with sugar, iKONIC Square, 6F
● Häagen-Dazs - ice cream, 5F
● Menagerie Cupcake - cupcakes with various animal shapes including bear, rabbit, giraffe, and panda, B1F
● Frank - “teassert” cakes, specializing in unique roll cakes like the rainbow roll cake popular in Seoul, B1F
● LeTAO - famous Japanese style soft cheesecake from Hokkaido, B1F
● Bake Cheese Tart - famous Hokkaido shop that specializes in one thing only: cheese tarts, B1F
● Soft Ice - soft serve ice cream in a variety of flavors, B1F
● Royce - soft and sweet chocolate from Hokkaido Japan, B1F
■ More information
＊ Inquiry :
- 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese etc)
- Daegu Sinsegae Department : 1588-1234
＊ Opening Hours : 10:30am~08:00pm (Luang St. ~10:00pm)
＊ Address : 149, Dongbu-ro, Dong-gu, Daegu
＊ How to get there :
- Subway : Red line to Dongdaegu Station, exit 2. The subway exit leads directly to B1F.
- On-site validated parking is also available.