Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Daegu Otgol Village :: Recommend the Hanok village in Daegu! - overnight stays in a hanok

Recommend the Hanok village in Daegu
- the Otgol Village
 
 
 
 
If you plan on going to the Otgol Village, be aware that after getting off the Dongu 3 (동구3) bus you have to take a taxi or walk for about 20 minutes to get to the village.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I prefer to walk so I can get a more familiar feel of the area. Buses that run to and from the village aren’t that frequent so make sure you ask the tourist information booth for the bus times. You can also get a full brochure in English while you’re at it. It goes in detail about the history and roles of the Gyeongju Choi clan.


 
 
When I arrived there, I didn’t expect there to be a lot of people, but to my surprise there was quite a crowd. What really caught my eye were the mud walls built around the clan houses.
 

I’ve always been fascinated by how only mud and rocks clumped together can stand the test of time.

 
 
 
I took my time to look around the rather small village. It is a very calm and quiet village.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I highly recommend it if you want to see how and where political figures and Confucian scholars from the Joseon Dynasty area lived. You can also participate in programs like tea ceremonies, hanbok fittings, folk games, and an overnight stays in a hanok.
 

The address is 195-5, Otgol-ro, Dong-gu, Daegu.
Admission Fees: Free

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment