Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Daegu Tour Stamp Trail: History Museum, Lakeside Park and Tavern Village

Daegu Tour Stamp Trail

After almost 3 years of living in Daegu, this year is my first time trying the Daegu Tour Stamp Trail. Thanks to this, I’ve discovered tons of cool places I’ve never even heard of. I will highlight 3 spots on the trail that caught my attention.

First is the Wolgok History Museum located between Sangin Station and Wolchon Station. The museum is a commemoration of Woo Bae-Seon, a soldier who fought to defend the invasion of Japanese forces. You can see the great statue of him out in front of the museum. There are a lot of other things to see here including a blacksmith’s workshop, old farming equipment, wooden mallets for pounding rice cakes (ddeok), and traditional slippers. The second floor is home to a large number of belongings of the Woo clan including the family registry, letters, official documents, and personal objects.

-Admission: Free
-Address: 880 Sangin-dong, Dalseo-gu

Second is the Wolgwang Lakeside Park. I was blown away by how green the park is. I can’t imagine how beautiful this place would look during cherry blossom season. It is a great spot to take a walk, skate, play basketball, or just sit down and enjoy the lakeside view. There is also a water light show that goes on several times a day from May to October. If you are looking for a nice quiet place away from the hurry hurry (빨리빨리), I recommend this place.

-Admission: Free
-Address: 1405-3 Dowon-dong, Dalseo-gu
Last but not least is the Samunjin Tavern Village. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect from this place but I was intrigued by the combination of the words “taven” and “village.” There is a lot quirky art here like the painted wood, the
big silver piano, and the man stuck in the elevated boat. I must say I’ve never seen anywhere like this in my 3+ years of living in South Korea. There are also really cool hut restaurants where you can cool down after a long boat ride on the river.

-Admission: Free
-Address: 318-1 Seongsan-ri, Hwawon-eup, Dalseong-gun


No comments:

Post a Comment