※ Things you should know before you use the bus terminals!
1. tickets can only be bought in person, not online
2. they can only be bought on the day of travel not ahead of time
3. buses do not have seat numbers so can oversell
In the past, there weren't many international visitors or citizens living in Daegu and because of that intercity terminals have not provided international language services. However, as the number of foreign visitors or citizens grows, the needs of using intercity bus from international people are also increasing. This post would be helpful for them.
It is not difficult at all to get to the terminal or buy tickets at the terminal, though four different inter-city terminals might cause confusion. Each bus terminals is located in northeastern, northwestern, southeastern, and southeastern part of Daegu, normally heading to those directions as you see in the image below. Today's post is about Dongbu Intercity Bus Terminal.
Dongbu Intercity Bus Terminal
Dongbu Intercity Bus Terminal (Dongbu Jeongryujang) is located in the eastern part of the City. It’s close to Dongdaegu Train station where KTX stops.
* How to get to the terminal?
- When you take a taxi, say “Dongbu Bus Terminal ro Gajooseyo" to the taxi driver.
- If you want to use a bus, take the busses below.
- 521, 651, 708, 937 (get off at Dongbu Bus Terminal Bus Stop on the map.)
- 414, 508, 518, 399, 818 (get off at South Dongbu Bus Terminal Bus Stop on the map.)
If you get off at South Dongbu Bus Terminal Bus Stop, you can use the stairs to get to the terminal.
This building is the bus terminal building. The fun thing is that the bus terminal company’s name is written bigger than the name of the terminal.
When you get into the building, you would see a ticket window. English service is not provided here. To purchase a ticket, go to the ticket window and say your destination clearly in Korean.
* What are the destinations?
The destinations from Dongbu intercity bus terminal are below.
|Destination||First Bus||Last Bus||Travel Time (Min)||Fare (KRW)|
|안강휴게소(Angang Highway service Area)||5:50||21:00||90||5,500 Won|
* Click here to get Seobu Intercity Bus Terminal information!