Friday, August 30, 2013

[Living] Applying alien registration in Daegu

Some jobs that you do in unfamiliar surroundings sometimes make you meet with a difficulty especially when in a foreign country. Among the hassling tasks, alien registration is on the top of the list. If you are to register as an alien here in Korea, the article below will be a good guide for you.

<Foreigners registration application>

Foreigners that entered with the visas stated below must go through foreigner registration at the Local immigration office or branch office within 90 days from the date of their entry into Korea. Such individuals can use this application to reserve an appointment for the registration process.

Cultural Arts (D-1), Study Abroad (D-2), Industrial Training (D-3), General Training (D-4), Journalism (D-5), Religious Affairs (D-6), Supervisory Intra-company Transfer (D-7), Corporate Investment (D-8), Trade Management (D-9), Professorship (E-1), Foreign Language Instructors (E-2), Research (E-3), Technology Transfer (E-4), Professional Employment (E-5), Arts & Performances (E-6), Special Occupation (E-7), Non-professional Employment (E-9), Vessel Crew (E-10), Family Visitation (F-1), Residency (F-2), Dependent Family (F-3), Working Holiday (H-1), Working Visit (H-2)

However, Diplomacy (A-1), Official Business (A-2) and Convention /Agreements (A-3) status holders and their family; those that are involved in important foreign relations, industry, or national defense matters and their family; Canadians seeking to participate in activities associated with Cultural Arts (D-1), Religion (D-6), Family Visitation (F-1), Dependent Family0 (F-3), and Miscellaneous (G-1) status that are staying for under 6 months; and others that the Minister of Justice deems as eligible for exemption from registration are not allowed to reserve appointments, as foreigner registration does not apply to them.

In addition, those foreigners subject to registration that were granted status of stay after being born in Korea, and stays for over 90 days; residing in Korea and have changed their status to stay for over 90 days from the date of entry; former Koreans that lost their nationality by gaining another, and seeking to stay for over 90 days are required to go through foreigner registration upon change/grant of status. Hence, these individuals must reserve an appointment for change/grant of status.
Required documents

Commonly required documents : Passport, one color photograph (3㎝ × 4㎝)
Required documents for each status
Cultural Arts(D-1), Study Abroad(D-2), Industrial Training(D-3), General Training(D-4), Journalism(D-5), Religious Affairs(D-6), Supervisory Intra-company Transfer(D-7), Corporate Investment(D-8), Trade Management(D-9), Professorship(E-1), Foreign language Instructor(E-2), Research(E-3), Technology Transfer(E-4), Professional Employment(E-5), Arts & Performances(E-6), Special Occupations(E-7), Non-professional Employment(E-9), Vessel Crew(E-10), Family Visitation(F-1), Residency(F-2), Dependent Family(F-3), Working Holiday(H-1), Working Visit(H-2)

Service charge : 10,000 KRW(Government revenue stamp)
Exemption by nationality : Argentinian minors (those under 14)
Exemption by status : Corporate Investment (D-8)

Administrative process
*Reserving an appointment
① Reserve an appointment in advance -> ② Visit the immigration office or its branch office at the reserved date -> ③ Apply -> ④ Receive -> ⑤ Process
※ Applications that were not processed on that day can be found under Status of e-application

Time received/Reserving an appointment by visit : Available every day throughout the year
Process time : Immediate (As a general rule, it is processed immediately. However, due to abundant number of requests for this application, it may actually take up to 7 days to process)
Administrative organization Local immigration office or branch office
Competent department Residence policy division of the immigration bureau.

Related laws and regulations
Immigration Laws Article 31 or 37
Immigration Laws Enforcement Ordinance Article 40 or 46
Immigration Laws Enforcements Regulations Article 45 or 49

Phone Number : 02-2650-6399

Miscellaneous Appointment reservation is possible until the 89th day from the applicant’s entry into Korea.

  This is the building of Daegu Immigration Office.

 Apply for a certificate of alien registration on the first floor. The office is on the right side when you step in.

 Take a number from the machine and wait for your turn.

 This is the application form for you to fill in while waiting.

 When your number is on, go to the counter indicated.

After making a payment of 10,000KRW, have your finger prints copied.

*The immigration office is almost always busy helping people. It is a good idea to visit in early hours.
*For more details, call 1345. Immigration office offers phone counseling in 17 different languages including English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Burmese and Arabic.

No comments:

Post a Comment