Keep another family member,
our companion animals, safe~!
Do you know that a person who owns a dog should register the animal in the city or borough offices nationwide?
Companion animal registration system, prepared to easily locate lost companion animals and to prevent diseases caused by abandoned animals.
This system, which was implemented in 2008, was expanded nationwide since January 1, 2014.
What is the companion animal registration system?
It is a system that was implemented in 2008 to easily locate lost companion animals and to prevent disease and common infectious diseases caused by abandoned animals.
People who own dogs must do the animal registration in city and borough offices nationwide.
If one does not register his/her pet, a maximum penalty of 400,000 won will be imposed.
(However, island areas of Eup, Myeon, etc. that doesn’t have designated people who can handle animal registration tasks are exempted from this.)
This is the companion animal registration procedure.
1. Register by bringing a dog above 3 months old, which is subject to registration, to a registered companion animal hospital. (You must visit the registered animal hospital assigned by the respective city)
2. Microchip procedure or attach external wireless identification device, attach name tag.
3. If you apply for companion animal registration in the city municipal office, an animal registration certificate will be issued.
■ Companion animal registration system application fees
Animal registration Method
Internal microchip insertion
External electronic tag attachment
Registration tag attachment
- For guide dogs and when adopting abandoned dogs, fees are fully exempted.
- For companion dogs with microchip insertion done before January 1, 2013, companion dog registration of national basic livelihood act recipients, or when you register more than 3 neutralized animals, the fee is reduced to 50%.
Let’s keep our dogs safe with the companion animal registration system.