PLAY, that funky BOWLING Right!
Are you looking for some place to dance the night away, good drinks and just want to have fun with friends? Already tired of going to the same bars around downtown? Or, you and your friends doesn’t drink but still want to groove and be funky? What if I tell you that you can actually have THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS?
Daegukins, welcome to the world of bowling alley!
This is not just your typical bowling alley where all you can see are bowling pins, balls and the lane itself accompanied with some lousy and boring music. Bowling alleys in Daegu will make you change that perspective as they have step up the game! These bowling alleys will make you stomp your feet, enjoy those sight of LED colorful neon lights, sway your hips and sing along with that funky music playing.
Before entering, I’d like to remind you what to bring: SMURF!
S – ocks (some bowling alleys do not sell it)
M – oney
U – pbeat attitude
R – elaxed mind, body, and of course,
F – riends
1.) FIND AND SELECT A BOWLING ALLEY PLACE
- If you walk around downtown, you will see a very large bowling pin that you cannot possibly missed with your own eyes or if you did, there are also pictures of bowling pins that are displayed outside of the buildings. There are so many bowling places to choose from in downtown, so don’t worry, you won’t run out of choices!
2.) PROCEED TO THE COUNTER
- In the left picture above, fill out this form on the left side part only. Register your name, the number of players, and your mobile number. While in the right picture, some bowling alleys give freebies such as the lighting stick bracelets.
- P.S. If you are on the waiting list, most of the bowling alleys have a lot of indoor game activities such as darts, basketball, ice hockey, billiards, card and board games, claw machines and even a projector for you to watch a movie or musical video so you wouldn’t get bored while waiting for your turn.
- If you have your backpack with you, or other stuff that you wouldn’t be needing in the bowling arena, you can keep them safely inside of the lockers and it is for FREE!
4.) PICK YOUR SHOE SIZE AND GET IT YOURSELF
- To save time, be sure to know the Korean size of your foot. Koreans are using millimeters. The shoes are glowin in the dark which add more excitement and boost your confidence level before getting ready to play.
5.) PICK YOUR WEAPON
- The balls weigh differently and they are categorized by different numbers from 7-8 up to the heaviest ball. Try to carry them first before putting them into your trays. Choose wisely!
6.) BUY SNACKS/DRINKS OR NOT
- There are varieties of snacks and drinks to choose from. If you are craving for some sweet, salty or cheesy flavored snack, they have it!
- I am most fascinated with the UNLIMITED POPCORN! Apart from it’s one of my favorite junk food, I can eat them for FREE! Just a heads up though, DON’T FORGET TO CLOSE THE POPPER DOOR OR YOU WILL BE IN JAIL FOR A YEAR! Another awesome thing is the containers for your drinks that are placed in your table. You can choose from non-alcoholic beverages such as fruit juices, energy drink, soda, water. The alcoholic drinks available are only different type of beers. The prices of snacks and drinks ranged from 1,000 – 5,000 KRW. Just get what you want and pay at the counter.
7.) READY – SET – PLAY!
- I would like to share my three basic movies in bowling.
- 1 is to get READY: Pick up that ball and LOOK straightly at your goal or target.
- 2 is to get SET: Stand firmly and as you approach the lane, BEND your knees and CROSS the other leg over the other.
- 3 is to PLAY: Throw the ball with your left or right arm STRAIGHT to the target.
- As simple as that, start playing in these three steps or NIKE! Oh well, JUST DO IT!
- QUICK TIP: I strongly recommend that you cut your fingernails before playing this game.
8.) PAY AS YOU EXIT
- After all the fun from playing that funky bowling right with your friends, whether your team wins or loses, you all have to pay for it. Unless, your friends agreed that losing team has to pay for everything. Never ever forget to pay as you exit. Most of the bowling alleys collect payments only after the games. Below here is the usual price list for different ages including shoe rental and number of games:
The last thing to remember is that, you don’t have to be a good player at this game, what matters most is that you know how to enjoy and make it fun because honey, as long as you are with perfect company, then you got it all covered. Don’t forget to return everything back to its designated trays. ENJOY PLAYING and YOU’RE WELCOME!